You have decided to sell your property. What should you do next? The answer is you should make an appointment to discuss your requirements, you can either come to our office or we will come and meet you at your property. Please book an appointment here
Alternatively you could instruct Polecat Properties to carry out a pre-marketing report where we will assess the property and suggest any changes that are recommended, strongly recommended or vital. See our Price List for further information.
The main areas you should focus on are:
- Cleaning your home prior to selling is of paramount importance. Top to bottom and don’t forget windows. It really is THE most important effort you can put in to the sale other than choosing a great agent!
- Kerb appeal is also of vital importance especially considering that 17 second statistic. Tidy the entrance area, polish your door number and consider some fresh plants in pots to add quick colour.
- Decluttering is useful prior to viewings and helps you prepare for that upcoming move. Consider boxing up messy items and stashing them in lofts, sheds or even a storage unit to create a harmonious home for viewings.
- Make sure any DIY tasks you’ve had on the back-burner for years finally get completed. This includes any repairs to furniture or fittings, repainting rooms that have started to look a bit tired and giving the garden a spruce up.
The next step will be to find two or three local agents to provide a valuation on your home. You might look online, ask for recommendations from your contacts, or social media or you could call into a few local agents in their offices. Some of the points you might consider when choosing an estate agent are:
- Does the agent subscribe to a property portal
- What qualification does the agent hold
- What is the sale commission fee
- Does the agent have a good website for Buyers and Sellers to access that is mobile friendly